Wednesday, November 9, 2011

St Louis Wax Museum

We went on a homeschool field trip to the wax museum yesterday. It was pretty neat (and creepy)! You can visit their website here http://www.stlwaxmuseum.com/

The wax museum had lots to offer but it doesn't take terribly long to go through it. Most the wax people are behind glass. There is a nice life of Christ section that is interesting. It would be nice if more of the wax people were labeled with descriptions and educational information. I ended up with a camera full of the horror sections to show my hubby later instead of educational things LOL. (We used to be huge horror movie buffs --he still sorta is, I'm less so now, but I enjoy a good horror wax museum section that is a serious creep out feast!) 

I was impressed with Frankie. Love the detail!



It was a interesting place to say the least. Wax figures are creepy. They look like they are going to move at any moment. Some were really good depictions, others were not so great. We quite enjoyed the non wax mannequins and statues of super heroes. My 3 year old loved Batman, Superman and The Hulk! A nice touch is that they sell small concessions in their lobby, including yummy ice cream.



Ok, the horror sections: seriously not really for kids. Well unless you think it's ok they go in it. I took some of my kids through it but not all of them. It's pretty intense. I imagined a well lit museum with characters. It was not like I envisioned! Dark hallways lead from section to section. There was some gore and lots of dead people. Not for the faint at heart!!! This would be the perfect place to take anyone wanting a less scary haunted house where actors don't jump out at you.    
Does this guy look like he's ready to jump out at you or what!? Creeeepy!

Other stuff~~~~
I also took an accidental mini tour of North St Louis when I got lost. (I called my hubby for help when I was lost to which he said in a very serious tone, "Honey, turn around and go south, you need to GO SOUTH. To which I said, "Uh oh, I think I'm in a bad place, um yup, I'm in a bad place. The stop sign I just stopped at says, STOP COPS on it. 

So that was unexpectedly adventurous. I was really lost. Embarrassingly lost. lol. It is amazing how FAST you can leave downtown when you go the wrong way! I hate driving downtown and usually I'm really nervous but find my way just fine. This time I was relaxed and confident and that got me lost for 40 minutes! From now on nervous is the way to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment